IND vs NZ Dream11 Team Prediction | Semi Final
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 has come to the semifinals stage. The top four teams of the tournament will play semifinals against each other. The winners of the semifinals will book their place in the finals directly. The tournament has started from May 30 and it is set to finish by the finals match on July 14. The tournament format was round robin where a total of 10 teams has participated and qualified. Each team has faced each other and played nine matches each. Team Australia is the first team to book their place at the semifinals but can end the tournament remaining at the top of the points table.
At the top of the table, there is team India with 15 points and Australia is at the second spot with 14 points. England is at the third with 12 points while New Zealand qualified last remaining at the fourth place with 11 points out of 9 matches. Out of 48 matches, 45 matches have been completed and reaming three matches are the semifinals match and the finals match. The first and next semifinals match is between IND vs NZ. Both the sides have started very well and been undefeated by any teams till their six matches. But after that, the two teams had lost their match against England and Pakistan respectively. While India recovered their loss by winning both the games that were left in the group stage and claim the top spot. They won their previous two matches against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Whereas, the team New Zealand were lucky to qualify for the semifinals spot even by losing their last three games. They were sharing equal points with Pakistan but because of the net run-rate, they qualified. The Blackcaps lost there last three games against Pakistan, Australia and England. But they are lucky with the run rate and became the last team to qualify in the semis. The first place and the last place from the top four teams will face each other at the semifinals as it is played in a round robin format. And also the second and third place will play against each other in the second semifinal match.
Their match against each other was abundant in this edition of world cup 2019 due to rain. But before the world cup, they stated their warm-up match against each other where New Zealand won the match. And now they will face each other at the semifinals match. New Zealand has a good record against team India and has the ability to win the game. While team India top order batsman is in an excellent form with superb bowling attack. New Zealand batting is the main reason for their loss in the last three games. Their bowling could be dangerous against the Indian batting side.
The first semifinal match IND vs NZ is set to take place at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, England on Tuesday. The winner of this match will be the first team to book their place at the finals. For both sides, it is the most important game to win. Both teams had started well and would like to end with win as well. The finals match is set to play in the ground of Lord’s.
Match details: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, Semi-finals
Date: Tuesday, 9th July 2019
Time: 3:00 PM IST
Head to Head
Total= 8 Matches
India= 3 Wins
New Zealand= 4 Wins
No result= 1 match
- India is at the top of the points table with 15 points. They won 7 games and lost only one game against England.
- Their match against New Zealand was abundant due to rain.
- India started their world cup campaign with a win against South Africa and will like to end the contest with a win as well.
- India’s batting is looking weak at the middle but their top orders batsman are the best in this tournament.
- Rohit Sharma is the top runs scorer of the tournament with 647 runs. He also scored 5 centuries which is most by any batsman in a single edition.
- While their bowling attack was good throughout the tournament and they have the best spin attack.
- Jasprit Bumrah is at the third highest wicket taker of the tournament with 17 wickets. He is also the most economical bowler of the tournament.
- Mohammed Shami also the 14 wickets from just 4 innings with one 5 wickets haul. He could be dangerous against the New Zealand batting.
- India is the favourites to win the semifinal game as they are in a good form throughout the tournament.
Playing XI: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Mohammad Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
- New Zealand is at fourth place in the points table with 11 points out of 9 games. They won 5, lost 3, and one abundant match games in this tournament.
- They have not won any game against the top five teams in this tournament and now has that chance.
- New Zealand started their campaign with a brilliant win over Sri Lanka by 10 wickets.
- The captain of the team, Kane Williamson was excellent with his captaincy and batting. He is top scorer of his team and scored 2 centuries in this tournament.
- Lockie Ferguson is the third highest wicket taker of the tournament with 17 wickets from 7 innings. He was not available in the last match but could be back in the semifinals match. He had the ability to destroy the top order batsman of India with his pace attack.
- Trent Boult could be another destructive bowler for his team. With his swing bowling, he has put difficulties to the opponent batsman in this tournament. He had taken a brilliant hat-trick against the team Australia.
- New Zealand has a good record against India in the world cup and has the lead by 4-0.
Playing XI: Martin Guptill, Henry Nicholls, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham, James Neesham, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.
Join the telegram to get the final team!